The girls wanted to take me for a ride on a cyclo downtown. I had never ridden one before. I felt so sorry for the man that had to cycle us around the city.
It's a tough call: on the one hand, our western heritage teaches us to "feel bably" for those who labor differently from us; on the other hand, this is the way he makes a living and you are providing him a customer . . .
If you really felt too terribly, you could offer to push him for a bit! :-)
I think the above comment is true! I used to feel like you do, Noelle, but in fact you ask him for a ride means that you provide him food on his table for the day. :)
2 Comments:
It's a tough call: on the one hand, our western heritage teaches us to "feel bably" for those who labor differently from us; on the other hand, this is the way he makes a living and you are providing him a customer . . .
If you really felt too terribly, you could offer to push him for a bit! :-)
I think the above comment is true! I used to feel like you do, Noelle, but in fact you ask him for a ride means that you provide him food on his table for the day. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home